Date/TimeDate(s) - October 21, 2022 - December 16, 2022
9:30 am - 10:45 am
Yoga & TRE® offers movement to gently stretch and open up the body prior to experiencing neurogenic tremors and myofascial release. When the body settles into a state of rest and safety, it naturally begins to unwind and ease tension. This helps to reduce our reactive states of freeze, flight, fight, dissociation, and overwhelm.
The format for this class will be:
-guided body scan
-Hatha yoga (about 30 minutes)
-TRE®/ tension-trauma release (20 minutes)
-savasana/ rest (10 minutes)
TRE® is not recommended if you are pregnant, have had a recent injury or surgery, have epilepsy, or untreated high blood pressure.
Each major muscle group of the lower body are gently stretched to induce a natural muscular shaking process called tremoring.
Typically people experience tremors in their legs, hips, and abdomen during their first session. After practicing TRE consistently, people experience tremors up the spine, in the cranium, arms and at any point of restriction in the body. Experiences may also be an emotional, mental, or energetic discharge.
Some of the many reported benefits of this practice include:-improved sleep -decreased stress and anxiety -increased flexibility -healing of old injuries -increased resilience -increased relaxation -improved awareness of the body and mind -reduced muscle & back pain -relief from chronic medical conditions -decreased PTSD symptoms
TO PREPARE FOR THE CLASS:
- Avoid caffeine or eating a heavy meal at least an hour before the session.
- Have your space set-up: yoga mat and any props to assist your tremoring session, ie. pillows, cushions, blankets.
- Check that your space will be free from distractions (phone, noise, people walking in.) Pets are welcome! 😀
- Be familiar with your device. Video will be on. Sound will be on during the tremoring for you to share what your sensations are. This will allow me to offer suggestions on your process.
- Have time to rest and integrate afterwards.