Join us in spreading the benefits of Neurogenic Yoga globally!
Our integrative format gives you the unique opportunity to become certified in Neurogenic Yoga and Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) in one seamless program.
The Neurogenic Yoga/Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE) Dual Certification Program is geared specifically for experienced yoga instructors (see prerequisites) who seek to integrate therapeutic tremoring into the yoga class setting as well as facilitate TRE.
Neurogenic Yoga combines asana (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises) with the body’s natural shaking response. This profound practice facilitates the lengthening and relaxation of the psoas muscle and the release of physical and emotional stress and tension. During a Neurogenic Yoga practice, we safely self induce therapeutic vibration using yoga postures and breath.
The Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Dual Certification Program is appropriate for all disciplines of yoga from restorative and therapeutic methods, to vigorous vinyasa and power yoga (instructors). This training is designed to enhance your biomechanical and energetic understanding of asana and pranayama in relationship to the body's natural tremor response; not to adopt and teach specific sequencing.
Take me to the Neurogenic Yoga application page!
Become a Neurogenic Yoga Teacher
Those who complete the Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Dual Certification Training will be certified to facilitate Neurogenic Yoga and TRE to groups and individuals.
- Learn how the therapeutic tremor response works to release long held tension within your own body. We provide ample opportunity to practice Neurogenic Yoga and TRE within a professional learning environment and require participants to continue supervision sessions after the teacher training.
- Learn the theory behind how and why self-induced therapeutic tremoring balances the nervous system. I.e. specific to the autonomic nervous system, anatomy, etc.
- Learn how to confidently and competently facilitate self-induced therapeutic tremoring with groups and individuals.[separator top="20" style="shadow"]
In order to participate in the Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Dual Certification Program, individuals must:
- Be a 200-hour (or more) certified yoga instructor.
- Have taught public yoga classes for a minimum of 1 year by the start of Module 1
- Have taught at least 200 group yoga classes by the start of Module 1[separator top="20" style="shadow"]
Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Dual Certification
*Please contact Neurogenic Yoga Trainers as soon as you decide you would like to participant in the dual certification process so that we can help you through the process.
The Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Dual Training program will prepare you to safely and confidently facilitate deep release work with students and clients. Requirements for certification include completing:
- Two (2), 4-day trainings, which are usually held within 3-6 months of one another for ample practice and integration time. Visit Upcoming Trainings for dates and locations.
- Four (4) personal supervision sessions with a Neurogenic Yoga/ TRE Trainer that are designed to take you deeper into your own personal journey with the work (in person or skype).
- Nine (9) supervision sessions with a Neurogenic Yoga/TRE Trainer. These supervisions are designed give you the opportunity to facilitate Neurogenic Yoga and TRE with individuals and groups and receive guidance and feedback.
- Four (4) peer swap sessions in person or via skype.
- Four (4) experiences of tremoring within a group in person.
Take me to the Neurogenic Yoga application page!
Important notes before you apply:
- Please be sure you meet all prerequisites prior to applying.
- Pregnant women are generally not advised to perform self-induced therapeutic tremoring. However tremors occur naturally during and after birth and can assist with the birth process and a more complete bodily recovery.
Step 1.) Please submit all of the following documents via email to Jennica Mills at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Your completed application (download here).
- One (1) copy of your official yoga teacher certification and any other yoga related certificates.
- Log of 200 classes minimum of yoga instruction (click here for class log example). NOTE: Individuals who are recognized by Yoga Alliance as E-RYT 200®, E-RYT 200, RYT 500®, E-RYT 500® (see YA credentials here) are NOT required to submit logs, but must provide a copy of their current Yoga Alliance membership card.
Step 2.) Send $50 Non-Refundable Application Fee check. Please contact us for information on where to send application fee.
Step 3.) Once your application has been reviewed and all prerequisites have been verified, you will receive an acceptance letter with instructions on registration and payment plan information. [separator top="20" style="shadow"]
Jennica Mills, MSW, E-RYT, TRE Global Provider. After receiving her Master’s in Social Work in 2005, Jennica began working as a trauma therapist in a sexual assault recovery program. This experience led her into a journey of learning and practicing Yoga, Meditation and somatic therapies such as Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE). Check out Jennica’s website.
Maria Alfaro, E-RYT, TRE Certification Trainer. Since 2004, Maria has taught TRE to thousands of people worldwide and she has facilitated TRE trainings in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. She assisted Dr. Berceli in numerous trainings in the US and in South Africa and she is also one of two lead instructors for Neurogenic Yoga. Check out Maria’s website.