Join us in spreading the benefits of Neurogenic Yoga™ and Tension and Trauma Releasing Exercises® (TRE®) globally!
Our integrative online format gives you the unique opportunity to become certified in Neurogenic Yoga and TRE in one seamless program.
This program is geared specifically for experienced yoga instructors (see prerequisites below) who seek to integrate profound tension and trauma release work into the yoga class setting as well as to facilitate Trauma Releasing Exercises. This program is designed to bring important knowledge and understanding of the nervous system and trauma recovery to the forefront of your work with individual clients and/or groups.
Neurogenic Yoga combines asana (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises) with the body’s natural shaking response. This profound practice facilitates the lengthening and relaxation of the psoas muscle and the release of physical and emotional stress and tension. During a Neurogenic Yoga practice, we safely self induce the body's innate vibration, called Neurogenic Tremoring using yoga postures, breath and body-driven movement.
The Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Dual Certification Program is appropriate for all disciplines of yoga from restorative and therapeutic methods, to vigorous vinyasa and power yoga instructors. This training is designed to enhance your biomechanical and energetic understanding of asana and pranayama in relationship to the body's natural tremor response; not to adopt and teach specific sequencing.
Become a Global Provider
Those who complete the Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Dual Certification Program will be certified to competently and confidently facilitate both Neurogenic Yoga and TRE with groups and individuals.
- Learn how neurogenic tremoring works to release long held tension and regulate the nervous system within your own body. We provide ample opportunity to practice Neurogenic Yoga and TRE within a professional learning environment and require participants to continue supervision sessions after the online live modules.
- Learn the theory behind how and why neurogenic tremoring balances the nervous system and releases long held tension and trauma patterns. I.e. specific to the autonomic nervous system, anatomy, biology, chemistry, etc.
- Learn how to confidently and competently facilitate neurogenic tremoring with groups and individuals.
In order to participate in the Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Dual Certification Program, individuals must:
- Be a 200-hour (or more) certified yoga instructor.
- Have taught yoga for a minimum of 1 year by the start of Module 1
- Have taught at least 50 hours of yoga by the start of Module 1 (individual or group classes).
Requirements for Certification
- Three (3), 3-day online training modules, which are usually held within 1-2 months of one another for ample practice and integration time. Visit Upcoming Trainings for dates and times.
- Four (4) online personal supervision sessions with a Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Trainer that are designed to take you deeper into your own personal journey with the work (online).
- Nine (9) online supervision sessions with a Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Trainer. These supervisions are designed to give you the opportunity to facilitate Neurogenic Yoga and TRE with individuals and groups and receive guidance and feedback.
- Four (4) peer swap sessions in person or online.
- Three (3) Online group neurogenic tremoring sessions guided by skilled Mentors.
- Practicing TRE and Neurogenic Yoga and journaling about your experience .
- Required reading/watching material and short written reviews.
*Please note: required supervisions with a Trainer are completed after each training module, and are an additional fee.
**Visit the Neurogenic Yoga website for full training cost lists!
- Please be sure you meet all prerequisites prior to applying.
- Pregnant women are generally not advised to perform neurogenic tremoring. However tremors occur naturally during and after birth and can assist with the birth process and a more complete bodily recovery.
Step 1.) Please submit all of the following documents via email to Jennica Mills at email@example.com along with your $50 application fee (see step 2).
- Your completed application (download here).
- One (1) copy of your official yoga teacher certification and any other yoga related certificates.
- Log of 50 classes minimum of yoga instruction (click here for class log example). Note: Individuals who are recognized by Yoga Alliance as E-RYT 200, RYT 500, E-RYT 500 (see YA credentials here) are NOT required to submit logs, but must provide a copy of their current Yoga Alliance membership card.
Step 2: Submit your $50 application fee. You may submit your payment via paypal to firstname.lastname@example.org or venmo to @JennicaMills.
Step 3: You will receive a correspondence ensuring that we received your materials and payment. At that time, you will be invited to schedule your entrance interview with a trainer.
Step 4.) Once your entrance interview is complete, you will be invited to pay for the program, which ensures your enrollment.
Please reach out to us with any additional questions: email@example.com or (480) 223-8686.
Schedule a FREE consultation with a trainer here!
Meet Your Neurogenic Yoga and TRE Lead Trainers
Jennica Mills, MSW, E-RYT, TRE Certification Trainer
After receiving her Master’s in Social Work in 2005, Jennica began working as a trauma therapist in a sexual assault recovery program. This experience led her into a journey of learning and practicing Yoga, Meditation and somatic therapies such as Trauma Releasing Exercises (TRE). Check out Jennica’s website.
Maria Alfaro, E-RYT, TRE Certification Trainer
Since 2004, Maria has taught TRE to thousands of people worldwide and she has facilitated TRE trainings in the US, Canada, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. She assisted Dr. Berceli in numerous trainings in the US and in South Africa and she is also one of two lead instructors for Neurogenic Yoga. Check out Maria’s website.