Date/TimeDate(s) - July 14, 2018
11:00 am - 1:00 pm
LocationRipley Grier Studios
Did you know that just one of your body’s miracles is the function of your breathing to gently engage deep core muscles that then nourish your spine and your skeleton? You will also learn how to place your body in various positions in a way that is supported by gravity (and feels good!)
Restoring this synchronicity and your body’s relationship with gravity results in relief from structural pain and stress from intense physical output. Your body possesses innate abilities that allow you to physically, literally LET GO!
THIS WORKSHOP WILL GIVE YOU NEW TOOLS TO HELP YOU:
1) Recover from and prevent injuries. In fact, you can make your recovery time, training time, and go back to your previous activities with more mastery & ease than before
2) Access greater agility, adaptation to new things you need to do to improve, and generally give you more predictable command over the way you move
3) Introduce a breathing technique that will also reduce stress and bring more oxygen into your body
4) Learn an incredible strengthening AND recovery tool: the engagement of the core of your core, where your torso meets your limbs, using gentle, simple, coaxing.
5) We will wrap up the session with a good shake, aka neurogenic tremoring. You will feel like you had a massage from the inside.
Gentle, hands on guidance from AlignUp Founder/Instructor, Karen Engler. Any and all exercises can be modified to suit your body.
Yoga and loose fitting comfortable clothes and a yoga mat are required. Please also bring one or two malleable pillows from home.
This workshop is not appropriate for: People in chronic pain. Initially, you would benefit more from a private session (or two depending on your physiology).
You can get more information about my approach or sign up for this workshop at http://wp.me/p7kZ0i-sF
Feel free to send me an email at alignupnyc at gmail.com if you’d like more information.